Equipment and Modification Services funded by the Ministry of Health
You may be eligible for Ministry of Health funding for specialised equipment if:
- You have a disability that will last over six months and result in a reduction of independent function to the extent that ongoing support is required &
- You are not an ACC claimant (for that disability).
Equipment can only be provided if an EMS Assessor has identified that equipment is essential for you to:
- Get around more safely in your home, or
- Remain in, or return to, your home, or
- Communicate effectively, or,
- Study full-time or do vocational training, or,
- Work full-time, or,
- Work as a volunteer,
- Be the main carer of a dependent person.
Who To Contact
For further information about Ministry of Health funding for equipment contact the funding administration service for your area:
- If live in Auckland or Northland, contact accessable call free 0508 001 002.
- For the rest of New Zealand, contact Enable New Zealand call free 0800 17 1995.