Utility Navigation

Home  |   Accessibility  |   Sitemap  | 

Main Navigation

Current location in the site


Equipment and Modification Services funded by the Ministry of Health

You may be eligible for Ministry of Health funding for specialised equipment if:

  • You have a disability that will last over six months and result in a reduction of independent function to the extent that ongoing support is required &
  • You are not an ACC claimant (for that disability).

Equipment can only be provided if an EMS Assessor has identified that equipment is essential for you to:

  • Get around more safely in your home, or
  • Remain in, or return to, your home, or
  • Communicate effectively, or,
  • Study full-time or do vocational training, or,
  • Work full-time, or,
  • Work as a volunteer,
  • Be the main carer of a dependent person.

Who To Contact

For further information about Ministry of Health funding for equipment contact the funding administration service for your area:

  • If you live in Auckland or Northland, contact accessable call free 0508 001 002.
  • For the rest of New Zealand, contact Enable New Zealand call free 0800 171 995.

Feature lists