Utility Navigation

Home  |   Accessibility  |   Sitemap  | 

Main Navigation

Current location in the site

How To Apply

If you are a person with disability related needs, you may be eligible for Ministry of Health funding for specialised equipment, housing modifications, funding for a vehicle, vehicle modification and driving assessment.

You may be eligible for funding if:

  • you have a disability that will last over six months and result in a reduction of independent function to the extent that ongoing support is required; and
  • you are not an ACC claimant (for that disability).

To begin the application process, you must request an assessment from a EMS Assessor. In consultation with you, the EMS Assessor will identify the most appropriate solution to meet your essential disability-related needs.


To find the name of an assessment service in your area, contact Enable New Zealand Information, call free  0800 17 1981.

Feature lists